Addendum by Katherine

Katherine Longshore 1 Sunday, August 22, 2010
I'm not just the Thursday girl, I'm also supposed to be the Third Friday girl, but unfortunately, I was "out of the office" (read:  at the beach) and therefore am blogging a bit late.

I just wanted to make an addendum to my last post about the Nevada mentorship program.  Not only is it held in lovely Nevada, not only are the mentors brilliant and able, but you also meet some of the most wonderful, up-and-coming childrens' authors and illustrators in the world (we had mentees come from Canada and Japan, as well as from all over the United States)

Susan Hart Lindquist not only read, commented on and held my hand through a grueling six-month process, but she did the same (possibly minus the hand-holding) to two other writers.   Tracy Clark, who writes edgy contemporary YA and, I hear, brilliant dystopian YA as well.  And Karen Langford, who blogs in character at Baltazar Fish Egypt Diaries.  Check them out.

1 comments

Wow, Balty is doing cartwheels in the background as I write this! Thanks so much for the shout out ladies!

Post a Comment

Grid_spot theme adapted by Lia Keyes. Powered by Blogger.

Search

discover what the Muses get up to when they're not Musing

an ever-growing resource for writers

Popular Musings

Your Responses

Fellow Musers

Translate