Follow Friday- Kathi Appelt- by Donna

I am fortunate in my life to have some wonderful friendships that have lasted and grown over many, many years. For today’s Follow Friday I have the pleasure of introducing you to one of those longtime friends and an incredible author. Kathi Appelt and I met over twenty years ago when her children enrolled in the elementary school where I was an administrator. We soon discovered a shared passion for children’s literature and a dream of becoming published authors.

Kathi’s come a long way since those days. She is now a highly sought-after speaker in schools, conferences and workshops. Her first novel, The Underneath, was a National Book Award Finalist and a Newbery Honor Book. It also received the Pen USA Award, and was a finalist for the Heart of Hawick Children's Book Award. Her new book, Keeper, is currently gaining acclaim throughout the publishing world and is being mentioned in Newbery predictions all across the internet.

I know I am incredibly lucky to have Kathi as a critique partner, but more importantly I’m so blessed to have her as my friend. She is one of the most thoughtful, kind and generous people I know. So I encourage you this Friday to follow my friend-Kathi Appelt!

http://www.kathiappelt.com
Kathi Appelt on Facebook
@kappelt on Twitter

Post a Comment

Grid_spot theme adapted by Lia Keyes. Powered by Blogger.

Search

discover what the Muses get up to when they're not Musing

an ever-growing resource for writers

Popular Musings

Your Responses

Fellow Musers

Translate