ULTRAVIOLET by RJ Anderson

Happy Fourth of July! I hope you're enjoying time with family and friends. Last week was awesome here at YAMuses and we're all still reeling a bit from the excitement--Veronica's riveting cover for UNDER THE NEVER SKY; thoughtful posts on connecting writing to music from Bret, Katy and Talia; and my book deal news! (Here's a link with more info on that big news) Thanks to everyone for your kind comments. I feel you rooting for me!

We usually blog about books we've recently read the first week of the month. I'm will share mine in a bit, but first wanted to explain how I found the book. Netgalley delivers FREE galleys to professional readers. If you are a reviewer, blogger, journalist, librarian, bookseller, educator, or in the media, you can use NetGalley to read and request titles before they are published. Since many of our followers fall into one of those categories, I wanted you to know about this opportunity.

I discovered my book for this month, ULTRAVIOLET by RJ Anderson on NetGalley and was instantly captivated by one of the best opening lines ever. Check out the book trailer to see for yourself. I love a good mystery, and this one is combined with a fascinating glimpse into a juvenile psych ward. The plot elements had me "googling" intriguing "mental conditions" (no, I'm not going to spoil it for you) to see if they were real or fictional. ULTRVIOLET will be released in the US in September and I recommend you check it out.

From the author's website:


Once upon a time there was a girl who was special.

This is not her story.
Unless you count the part where I killed her.

Sixteen-year-old Alison has been sectioned in a mental institute for teens, having murdered the most perfect and popular girl at school. But the case is a mystery: no body has been found, and Alison's condition is proving difficult to diagnose. Alison herself can't explain what happened: one minute she was fighting with Tori -- the next she disintegrated. Into nothing. But that's impossible. Right?

1 comments

I love the description of this book. It sounds really good! Thanks for mentioning it as it had escaped my notice. I hope you ladies had a great 4th too!

Post a Comment

Grid_spot theme adapted by Lia Keyes. Powered by Blogger.

Search

discover what the Muses get up to when they're not Musing

an ever-growing resource for writers

Popular Musings

Your Responses

Fellow Musers

Translate