TEXAS GOTHIC by Rosemary Clement-Moore


Summer is quickly coming to an end, and if you're like me, you're wondering where in the world it went. Unlike me, however, you might still have one last precious day or two of vacation to spend by the pool (or beach, or lake) with a good book. This week the Muses turn their attention to great summer book recommendations and I start the week with TEXAS GOTHIC by Rosemary Clement-Moore.

Any book set in the Texas hill country with a hot cowboy riding across the opening scenes is definitely going to catch my attention. Throw in a good dose of humor, a ghostly mystery and a starred Kirkus review--and you've got the perfect summer read. Of course, having grown up in Texas, I am a bit biased. I loved the characters, the landscape and the history. According to Rosemary's blog, "The setting is an eyes-open love letter to the place I grew up, not perfect, but beautiful and full of people and things that, good or bad, you won't find anywhere else." I completely agree and, even if you're not from Texas, you'll love this funny, spooky story.

From Amazon:

Amy Goodnight's family is far from normal. She comes from a line of witches, but tries her best to stay far outside the family business. Her summer gig? Ranch-sitting for her aunt with her wacky but beautiful sister. Only the Goodnight Ranch is even less normal than it normally is. Bodies are being discovered, a ghost is on the prowl, and everywhere she turns, the hot neighbor cowboy is in her face.

Starred Review, Kirkus Reviews, May 15, 2011:
"This engaging mystery has plenty of both paranormal and romance, spiced with loving families and satisfyingly packed with self-sufficient, competent girls."

3 comments

I received requests over the weekend from YA-fans friends for thrilling summer reads--am definitely recommending this book.

I haven't been sure about wanting to order this book, but lately I feel like I see it everywhere! I think I may finally give in :]

I have this book on my to-read list and you just made me bump it up to the top of the list! I'm pretty excited to read this one. :)

Post a Comment

Grid_spot theme adapted by Lia Keyes. Powered by Blogger.

Search

discover what the Muses get up to when they're not Musing

an ever-growing resource for writers

Popular Musings

Your Responses

Fellow Musers

Translate