Dear SNN,


New relationships are scary. Exciting, mesmerizing, enticing...but scary. It's hard to commit to something so fragile and undefined. There's just so much uncertainty. What's going to happen? Will there be conflict? Will it end badly? I can't even talk about you to my friends yet. They ask, of course. "Have you thought about moving on?" I smile, and answer vaguely, "Maybe."

For now, you are my little secret.

I AM thinking about you though. A lot. You've invaded my thoughts with tantalizing whispers of something different...something NEW. I go to bed thinking about you and wake up thinking about you. You're in my mind while I'm driving, and when I'm supposed to working, and, most of all, when I'm showering. Voices. Images. Plans for the future.

It will be hard to say goodbye to the past. It was, after all, my first. And it isn't like it ended badly. Far from it. The whole experience was more than I could have ever dreamed, and yet my mind and heart is running headlong toward you.

The truth is, it's time to leave the past behind. I know it and you know it.

So hello, Slutty Next Novel. Your sexy new ideas have convinced me. I'm all in.

Go ahead. Whisper your revelations in my ear.

I'm listening.

1 comments

Post a Comment

Grid_spot theme adapted by Lia Keyes. Powered by Blogger.

Search

discover what the Muses get up to when they're not Musing

an ever-growing resource for writers

Popular Musings

Your Responses

Fellow Musers

Translate