Under the Never Sky Launch Day


Today, my debut novel, UNDER THE NEVER SKY, hits the bookshelves. I've been imagining this day for more than a year; you would think it would easier for me to believe it’s really happening, but I find myself rather stunned.

Part of me is still the writer in the corner table at the local coffee shop, headphones stuffed in my ears, frantically typing away during the 2.25 hours in which my youngest was in preschool. The writer who stayed awake many, many nights, staring at the ceiling in the wee hours, and wondering, how do you get published? Will it ever happen? What’s the magic to it? Is there a wand somewhere? Sparkle dust? How do you do this?

I can answer those questions now. I don’t think any of you will be surprised to hear that hard work—any tons of revision—is a major part of it. But the part that’s clearer to me everyday is this: people. A book is written by one person who is supported and encouraged by many. Here, friends, are my supporters…. The sparkle dust that made this happen… along with my thanks.

Editor, HarperCollins Crew, Agent, Mentors & Writing Friends: Thank you for your time. Thank you for your thoughtful critiques and words of encouragement. Thank you for your belief in me and UNDER THE NEVER SKY. Thank you for picking me up when I needed it. Thank you for making me look far better than I would have without you. And thank you for sharing this journey with me. When I pick up the book and turn the pages, I see you: Your comments and reactions… All the thousand ways you helped to shape it. Thank you.

Family & Friends: Thank you for supporting me on this impractical, time-consuming, reclusive obsession of mine. Thanks for being patient when I disappear into the writing cave, and for pulling me out of there from time to time. Thank you for putting up with me this year (which has been a little stressful and harried, in spite of all the good fortune I've had.) Most of all, thank you for being the point. I am lucky to do what I do, but my life is about you. What matters are the birthday parties and school plays and impromptu dinners and the football games in the court and walks to Starbucks. You make my life rich, and I'm so grateful for every one of you.

Bloggers & Readers: You. Guys. Are. Awesome. Many of you have read UNDER THE NEVER SKY and loved it. Thank you so much for sharing your enjoyment with me; this so much fun because of youand so very rewarding. To those who read and didn't love it, I thank you for giving it a try. I did my best, I promise, to entertain you. If you're a potential reader, I do hope you fall in love just a little bit. If you do, I’d love to know about it.

I want to thank the YA Muses in particular for this week’s UNDER THE NEVER SKY celebration. You guys are the wonderful.

In closing—though it’s probably rather clear by now—I want to say that I’m grateful. Really, really grateful for this day, and this accomplishment. Thank you for sharing it with me.

(Originally posted at veronicarossibooks.blogspot.com)

14 comments

CONGRATULATIONS, MS. ROSSI!!!!!!
YOU CAN REALLY FALCON PUNCH!

And we're grateful for you, Veronica! And for UNDER THE NEVER SKY. It's awesome to have this story out there for mass consumption.

What-a-day...
What-a-year...
and WHAT-A-BOOK!

Congratulations! I've been looking forward to getting my hands on this for quite a while . . . so glad it's now possible to buy it.

I love this post. I love this book. I love Perry. And I love you girl! Enjoy your day!

Thank you, guys. So much. <3 And Gilly, I hope you like it!

I am so very happy for you, Veronica. I hope your sales skyrocket. I'm heading to Amazon now. I'm a Kindle kind of guy -- fitting considering all my Kindle books! LOL. May 2012 be the start of great things for you, Roland

Congratulations! I'm enjoying your excitement and gratefulness vicariously, and it's delicious. Thank you!

I'm very excited to read this book. I actually pre-ordered it from Amazon and got it on Dec. 28th. I'm hoping to get to it soon. Everything I've read about it has me, well, excited. :)

Many congratulations! Well deserved. I think my copy is arriving in the mail today. Thanks for all your informative posts as you make this exciting journey.

So proud of you, Veronica, and in such admiration of your lovely, generous heart. You deserve all the success that's coming your way! Hugs and congrats!

So very excited for you V! Enjoy this day and try to press some of its awesomeness into your memory for always.

Congrats!! Amazon informed me that UNDER THE NEVER SKY shipped today (I pre-ordered it a while ago!) and it's supposed to arrive on Saturday! Can't wait! :)

Congratulations, Veronica! A milestone achievement. I'm so happy for you. My copy arrived today, and I'm looking forward to reading it.

You guys... Massive thanks. It's been quite a day, and your comments are the perfect way to end it - they've put a smile on my face. Thank you so much!

Post a Comment

Grid_spot theme adapted by Lia Keyes. Powered by Blogger.

Search

discover what the Muses get up to when they're not Musing

an ever-growing resource for writers

Popular Musings

Your Responses

Fellow Musers

Translate