Boy Books

This week we’re blogging about books told from a boy’s point of view. I recently read an amazing book from a boy’s point of view.

In the meantime, I thought I’d mention a couple of boy POV books that haven’t come out yet that I’m dying to read.
 
SOMETHING LIKE NORMAL by Trish Doller
In fact, it’s narrated by one of my favorite secondary characters from all of my 2011 reads.  BUT, I’ve been sworn to secrecy on this one for a few more months.  I promise to blog about the book when I can.

When Travis returns home from a stint in Afghanistan, his parents are splitting up, his brother’s stolen his girlfriend and his car, and he’s haunted by nightmares of his best friend’s death. It’s not until Travis runs into Harper, a girl he’s had a rocky relationship with since middle school, that life actually starts looking up. And as he and Harper see more of each other, he begins to pick his way through the minefield of family problems and post-traumatic stress to the possibility of a life that might resemble normal again. Travis’s dry sense of humor, and incredible sense of honor, make him an irresistible and eminently lovable hero.

Everyone lucky enough to get an advance copy has been buzzing about Travis. This is a must read for me when it comes out on June 19, 2012.




THE VICIOUS DEEP by Zoraida Cordova  

When an unnatural riptide sweeps lifeguard Tristan Hart out to sea for three days and then dumps him back on the shore of Coney Island, it’s the start of the Sea Court claiming its own. Suddenly, Tristan’s girlfriend dramas and swimming championship seem like distant worries as he discovers the truth: he’s a Merman. Now Tristan must fight for his life, the lives of his friends, and his humanity (if he still wants it), while competing in a race for a throne as ancient as the gods.

Seductive, duplicitous, and with an agenda of their own, these are not the mermaids you know.

Okay, lifeguard fighting for his life and humanity while competing in a race for an ancient merman throne?
Seriously? SIGN ME UP.

2 comments

I wonder if this is going to become a trend. I saw where one published YA author's new WIP is from the boy POV and I know for myself I've got a boy's voice in my head for my next book.

The first one sounds up my ally for sure.

If it is a trend then sign me up! I love hearing the story either from multiple point of view (not too many) or the main characters(plural) or the boy's instead of the girl's. It's almost always the girl's. Let's hear what the boy's have to say for awhile or at least half the book!

Heather

Post a Comment

Grid_spot theme adapted by Lia Keyes. Powered by Blogger.

Search

discover what the Muses get up to when they're not Musing

an ever-growing resource for writers

Popular Musings

Your Responses

Fellow Musers

Translate