Book Blog - THE DARK UNWINDING by Sharon Cameron



I have a confession.   I don't completely comprehend the steampunk genre.  I find it fun and fascinating, but in a recent conversation with another author, I quickly realized I was sorely lacking in the required elements and details.  What I do understand, however, is a great story and that's why I selected THE DARK UNWINDING to feature today.


Overview from Barnes and Noble:


A spine-tingling tale of steampunk and spies, intrigue and heart-racing romance!When Katharine Tulman's inheritance is called into question by the rumor that her eccentric uncle is squandering away the family fortune, she is sent to his estate to have him committed to an asylum. But instead of a lunatic, Katharine discovers a genius inventor with his own set of rules, who employs a village of nine hundred people rescued from the workhouses of London.

Katharine is now torn between protecting her own inheritance and preserving the peculiar community she grows to care for deeply. ...


Sharon Cameron does an amazing job of world building in her debut novel. The main character is spunky, opinionated and completely adorable, but the setting steals the show.  Sharon's meticulous attention to detail paints a creepy picture of a mysterious world that is absolutely captivating.  A fellow Scholastic debut author, I met Sharon recently at BEA when we laughed our way through a delightful reader's theater event for book bloggers.  If you get a chance to meet her at SCBWI in LA or at another event, please say hello.  I know you will find her warm and welcoming. Most of all, look for THE DARK UNWINDING when it comes out on September 1, 2012.  You will love it!



P.S.  Love my new UK cover of SKINNY.  If you want a peek, check it out here.

2 comments

Love this cover and it sounds great. I added it to my goodreads.

Steampunk is a subgenre that elicits some interesting thought from various parties, from those loyal to "true steampunk" to those who love anything with "steampunk" elements. Give me a good story and, like you, I'm just happy to read it :-)

The Dark Unwinding sounds very intriguing. I need more steampunk for my TBR. Thank you for the suggestion.

Post a Comment

Grid_spot theme adapted by Lia Keyes. Powered by Blogger.

Search

discover what the Muses get up to when they're not Musing

an ever-growing resource for writers

Popular Musings

Your Responses

Fellow Musers

Translate