One Wish- Love

Okay, I admit it.  I am not the type of person who wishes for world peace.  I mean, I want world peace, I am just a little too jaded to really believe that it's possible.  The human condition is such a fragile, complicated thing that solving one ill, usually only results in a new one cropping up in its place.  Sometimes Peace is only achieved through oppression and fear.  And sometimes wars are justified.  Even vital. 

Despite this depressing world view, I am a romantic at heart.  And I do have a wish for the world.

My wish is smaller. More personal.  I wish for you, and everyone, to experience mutual love and respect with at least one person in your life.

The kind of love that fills up your heart and makes you feel squishy inside. 

The kind of  love that allows you to trust another person with your inner most secrets. 

The kind of love that you can't turn off even if you wanted to. 

The kind of love that makes you want to try to be the person that you feel like when you're with the person you love. 

The kind of love that gives you the courage to risk losing your heart.

The kind of love that is tempered with respect, because your love is not worth wasting on someone who does not respect you.

I wish this for you and everyone, because love is what makes this world bearable.  Love is what gets us through the hard times.  It's what gets us through the pain of living. Love is what allows us to really connect.

And if we can't have world peace, maybe we can have something more precious, a personal peace, for whatever time we are given.

Post a Comment

Grid_spot theme adapted by Lia Keyes. Powered by Blogger.

Search

discover what the Muses get up to when they're not Musing

an ever-growing resource for writers

Popular Musings

Your Responses

Fellow Musers

Translate