My Writing Resolution

We're talking writing resolutions this week. I'm going to call mine Recharge.

I'm just finishing up a trilogy and beginning another project as this year begins. To continue to stay fresh and motivated as a writer, I plan to spend more time on non-writing related activities. I've been taking horseback riding lessons. I'm going to start painting again. And I started out the year with a road trip. For me, diverse experiences refuel my creative tank.

What are your resolutions?

Happy New Year!

2 comments

Mine may be the opposite of yours. I resolve to WRITE, instead of wishing I did. No excuses, no putting it off until the kids are older and I have more free time, no listening to the self-doubt that likes to pop up and whisper reasons why I can't do this. In 2013, I am going to finally write the YA novel I've always wanted to write. It's going to be an interesting year! Good luck with the horse back riding and painting! I hope one day I will have a need to recharge from my time spent writing, since that would mean I really got serious about it.

I will call my resolution " Be There!"... It means that I plan to be more focused on the people and things that I am with at a given moment rather than be only half there and use the other half to wander and think of a million different things in the universe.

Post a Comment

Grid_spot theme adapted by Lia Keyes. Powered by Blogger.

Search

discover what the Muses get up to when they're not Musing

an ever-growing resource for writers

Popular Musings

Your Responses

Fellow Musers

Translate