Celebrating TARNISH

Veronica Rossi 2 Thursday, June 20, 2013
I have read three Katherine Longshore books about the Tudors, and let me tell you: they are all in my very top favorite YA reads. TARNISH, out this past Tuesday, is neck and neck and neck, tied for first place with its companion novels, GILT and Katy's forthcoming, unpublished Tudor novel.

You might think I'm saying this because Katy is a good friend of mine. You'd be very wrong. However, I'm not going to lie about one thing: there are definitely perks to being tight with one of your favorite authors.

For example, when I'm swooning ridiculously over a character (see: Thomas Wyatt) that I can't keep it to myself and have to spazz out? I get to email her and fangirl directly at her. Not a stranger. Not my cat, or my dog. I get to go right to the source with my freak outs.

When I'm so intensely intrigued by Tudor history, thanks to Katy's books, that I want to know more more more? I don't have to rely on Google. I get to email Katy with a bullet list of questions. And the beauty is that she gets right back to me with what I wanted to know--and more.

When her prose is so exquisitely gorgeous that I want to cry and kick and wail because I want to do that, I get to email her and tell her she's amazing, knowing that her amazingness is a result of mountains of effort, and talent, and tenacity. So instead of feeling all I want-ish, I end up feeling inspired by her.

The good news for you guys is that Katy is also one of the warmest, most welcoming people I know. So if you really wanted to, I bet you could fangirl on her, ask her research questions, and admire her ability, too.

Why not start today?

Congrats, Katy. Another gorgeous Longshore book is born!

2 comments

This comment has been removed by the author.

I stumbled upon your site from another author blog, and I'm so happy to have found you. Tarnish sounds like a great read. Definitely added to my TBR. Congrats, Katherine! :)

Post a Comment

Grid_spot theme adapted by Lia Keyes. Powered by Blogger.

Search

discover what the Muses get up to when they're not Musing

an ever-growing resource for writers

Popular Musings

Your Responses

Fellow Musers

Translate