Exactly 200 Words

I’m stealing today’s prompt idea from the Writers’ Police Academy’s Golden Donut short story contest. 

For the contest (which is open to everyone, not just WPA attendees), you must use exactly 200 words to write a story about the photograph they’ve selected. 
Not 199 words, not 201, EXACTLY 200 WORDS, including the title. Hyphenated words count as two words (or more, depending on how many hyphens/words you use), and contractions count as two words.

I've never written a story based on a specific word count so I'm rather excited to give it a try. I've selected the photo below to serve as our Golden Muse Writing Prompt.



Your challenge is to write a 200-word short story about the image above. Let me know how it goes, and if you’re up for it, I’d love to see your stories posted in the comments!

Post a Comment

Grid_spot theme adapted by Lia Keyes. Powered by Blogger.

Search

discover what the Muses get up to when they're not Musing

an ever-growing resource for writers

Popular Musings

Your Responses

Fellow Musers

Translate