My Favorite Bookstore-by Donna

When I first moved to Colorado, I fell in love with The Tattered Cover, The Boulder Bookstore and Fort Collins' own Old Firehouse Books
 
But I must admit my favorite bookstore is linked to my Texas roots. 
 
I first visited Book People in Austin when was a young teacher and aspiring author.  It was the first time I experienced what a bookstore could be--especially when it came to author events.  Someday I hope to come back for a visit and sign my own books there.
 
If you're anywhere near Austin, I highly recommend you stop by!
 
From their website.
 
 
BookPeople has been Texas’ leading independent bookstore since 1970. Located in the heart of downtown, BookPeople has been voted best bookstore in Austin for over 15 years. The rest of the country has caught on too; BookPeople was voted Bookstore of the Year by Publisher’s Weekly in 2005. With visits from some of the most interesting and important authors of the past 43 years, as well as by Former Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton, BookPeople is the destination bookstore in Texas.

 
Location 
BookPeople is located at the corner of 6th & Lamar.

Book People in Austin, Texas

http://www.bookpeople.com/

1 comments

Post a Comment

Grid_spot theme adapted by Lia Keyes. Powered by Blogger.

Search

discover what the Muses get up to when they're not Musing

an ever-growing resource for writers

Popular Musings

Your Responses

Fellow Musers

Translate